Le Chic de la Danse – Information Updated May 2019
Organizers: Claudia Primeau, Francis Lafrenière, Anik Jolicoeur, Alain Doucet, Diana McDonald
Location: Boucherville, QC
Usual Date: Last Weekend in April
Registration Deadline: Beginning April, with increased prices after
Private Videotaping: Not permitted and a vendor (GSR Studios) is available. Cost information not available.
- Saturday Daytime – Standard and Smooth solos, all levels Open and Closed Smooth single, multi-dance events and Smooth portion of 9-dance Scholarship, all levels Open and Closed Standard single, multi-dance events and Standard portion of 10-dance scholarship
- Saturday Evening – Pro/am Smooth and Standard Scholarships
- Sunday Daytime – Rhythm and Latin solos, all levels Open and Closed Rhythm single, multi-dance events and Rhythm portion of 9-dance Scholarship, all levels Open and Closed Latin single, multi-dance events and Latin portion of 10-dance scholarship
- Sunday Evening – Pro/am Rhythm and Latin Scholarships
Cash Prizes Offered: Yes, although no amounts for Scholarships are listed on the website (10 single dance minimum required for scholarships). Top Teacher Awards offered with a $4,000 prize for first place.
2018/2019 Multi-Dance Event Size Range:
|Open Schlr. A||0/1||0/1|
|Snr 61 +||3/2||4||2||1/1|
Previous Year’s Results: Only available via the Dancesport App
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
YouTube searches of videos show pro/am heat length averages between 1:15 for all events.
- Saturday full day pass – $55
- Sunday full day pass – $55
- Solo Routines (per couple) – early bird $60, regular $65 per event
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – early bird $30, regular $35 per event
- Closed and Open Multi-Dance Event (per couple) – early bird $50, regular $55 per event
- Scholarship Event (per couple) – early bird $80, regular $85 per event
**NOTE: Scholarships require 10 single dance entries
CdlD includes Professional Open competitions on Friday night. It also features a live band. This competition has changed dates in recent years, but seems to have settled as an April event.
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.