World of Dance Celebration – Information updated January 2020
Organizers: Kateryna Stytsenko and Dmitry Ilyushenov
Location: Vaughan, ON
Usual Date: 1st Saturday in March
Registration Deadline: Not listed
Private Videotaping: Appears to be permitted!
- Saturday Daytime – All Events
- Saturday Evening – Dinner, Dance, Evening Solos and Pro Show
- Sunday – Kids Program Only
Cash Prizes Offered: None listed
2019 Multi-Dance Event Size Range:
|Closed Under 50||1||4||2||3|
|Open Under 50||2||1||2||1|
Previous Year’s Results: https://www.worldofdancecelebration.com/results/
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information (2020 not yet available):
2019 World of Dance Celebration Multi Dance Events
No heat length information is available.
Costs (2020 not yet available):
- Saturday daytime only – $25
- Saturday full day ticket – $95 (no dinner), $120 (with dinner), $145 (VIP seating with dinner)
***Portions from all entries are donated to a local charity!
- Single Dance critiques (per couple) – $25
- Solo Showdance entries (per couple) – $100 for daytime performance, $250 for evening
- Closed Multi-Dances (per couple) – $70
- Open Scholarship (per couple) – $110
WoDC is a competition that provides a unique pro/am competitive format in that all single dance events include written critique from top professionals (including Marat Gimaev and Alina Basyuk in 2019) and multi-dance events appear to be encouraged. It also offers opportunities to perform during both the day and evening session (at different prices). It includes an evening gala with professional showcases. Portions from all entries are donated to a local charity.
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.