Delta Cup – Information updated August 2018
Organizers: George and Wendy Pytlik
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Usual Date: 2nd Weekend in October (Thanksgiving)
Registration Deadline: Early September
Private Videotaping: Permitted!
- Saturday Daytime – Pro/Am Smooth and Rhythm Newcomer to Open Gold Single and 3-Dance events
- Saturday Evening – Pro/Am Smooth and Rhythm Solo Routines, 4 & 5-dance Open and Scholarship events and the NDCC BC Closed Pro/Am Championships Smooth and Rhythm
- Sunday Daytime – Pro/Am Ballroom and Latin Newcomer to Open Gold Single and 3-Dance events
- Sunday Evening – Pro/Am Ballroom and Latin Solo Routines, 5-dance Open and Scholarship events and the NDCC BC Closed Pro/Am Championships Ballroom and Latin
Cash Prizes offered: Yes, for scholarship events, $150 1st, $100 2nd, $50 3rd. Scholarships require equal number of single dance entries (eg. 5 singles for a 5-dance Scholarship).
Scholarship Event Size Range: Ballroom 2-5, Latin 1-2, Smooth 1-2, Rhythm 1
Previous Year’s Results: http://results.o2cm.com/
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
Heat lengths tend to be short for single dances (under 1 min), and longer for scholarships (up to 1:15)
- Adult Competitor Pass (for each session, standing room only) – $40 until 15 Aug, $50 after (not including GST)
- Solo Routines (per couple) – $78.75 till 15 Aug per event (limit 2 per student)
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – $31.50 till 15 Aug per event
- Three Dance Event (per couple) – $84 till 15 Aug per event
- Four and Five Dance Championship Event (per couple) – $94.50 till 15 Aug per event
- Four and Five Dance Scholarship Event (per couple) – $115.50 till 15 Aug per event
**NOTE: Scholarships require similar number of single dance entries (eg. 3 singles for a 3-dance Scholarship).
***Previous year’s participants receive $5 refund per couple. Newcomer entries are free until 15 Aug to encourage competitors***
DC includes a professional showcase on both nights, with 2018 featuring World Professional Ten-Dance Finalists Lukáš Spišák and Eva Tibenska. DC will also host the 2018 BC Closed Pro/Am championships for BC competitors, and inaugural event in 2018. The organizers of DC appears to make an effort to incorporate feedback and we have noticed improvements in both format and price each year. We applaud these organizers for their efforts!
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.