Delta Cup – Information updated April 2019
Organizers: George and Wendy Pytlik
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Usual Date: 3rd Weekend in July (***New date for 2019)
Registration Deadline: Mid-June
Private Videotaping: Permitted!
- Saturday Daytime – Pro/Am Latin and Rhythm Single and Multi-Dance events
- Saturday Evening – Pro/Am Latin and Rhythm Solo Routines, and Open Scholarship events
- Sunday Daytime – Pro/Am Ballroom and Smooth Single and Multi-Dance events
- Sunday Evening – Pro/Am Ballroom and Smooth Solo Routines and Open Scholarship events
Cash Prizes offered: Yes, for scholarship events, $150 1st, $100 2nd, $75 3rd. Scholarships require equal number of single dance entries (eg. 5 singles for a 5-dance Scholarship).
Scholarship Event Size Range:
|3-D Bronze A|
|3-D Silver A|
|3-D Gold A|
|BC Closed A||1||1|
|Open Scholarship A
Previous Year’s Results: http://results.o2cm.com/
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
Heat lengths tend to be approximately 1:15
- Adult Competitor Pass (for each session, standing room only) – $40
- Solo Routines (per couple) – $85 (limit 3 per student)
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – $35 per event
- Three Dance Event (per couple) – $80 per event
- Four and Five Dance Championship Event (per couple) – $95 per event
- Four and Five Dance Scholarship Event (per couple) – $110 per event
**NOTE: Scholarships require similar number of single dance entries (eg. 3 singles for a 3-dance Scholarship).
***Previous year’s participants receive $5 refund per couple. Newcomer entries are free until 15 Aug to encourage competitors***
DC includes a professional showcase on both nights, with 2018 featuring World Professional Ten-Dance Finalists Lukáš Spišák and Eva Tibenska. 2019 will feature two showcase couples, Woodrow Wills and Nelli Petrovka and Han and Crystal Ly. The organizers of DC appears to make an effort to incorporate feedback and we have noticed improvements in both format and price each year. We applaud these organizers for their efforts!
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.