Extravaganza Montréal – Information updated August 2019
Organizers: Sylvain Trottier
Location: Montreal, QC
Usual Date: September. The date for this competition has fluctuated in recent years. ***No date is available for 2019
Registration Deadline: End August
Private Videotaping: Not Permitted. A vendor will be provided.
- Friday Daytime – Pro/am Rhythm and Smooth Open/Closed single dance, 3-dance championships and solos
- Friday Evening – Smooth and Rhythm Scholarships
- Saturday Daytime – Pro/am Ballroom and Latin Open/Closed single dance, 3-dance championships and solos
- Saturday Evening – Ballroom and Latin Scholarships
Cash Prizes Offered: Yes, Open Scholarship prizes range from $150 + $150 voucher for 1st place to a $50 voucher for 4th-6th (with minimum 3 competitors in the event). Top Student awards are not listed. Top Teacher Awards offered with a $5,000 prize offered for first place with a minimal number of entries.
2018 Multi-Dance Event Size Range:
|Open Gold A||1||1|
| Extravaganza Open A
|Open Scholarship A
Previous Year’s Results: http://extravaganzamontreal.com/fr/resultats/
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
2018 Extravaganza Multi Dance Events
2018 Extravaganza Scholarship Events
YouTube searches of videos show pro/am heat length averages between 1:10-1:15 and slightly longer for scholarships.
- Friday full day pass – $55 for a table and $45 for a riser
- Saturday full day pass – $55 for a table and $45 for a riser
- Solo Routines (per couple) – $60 before Aug 31, $65 after
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – $30 before Aug 31, $35 after
- Closed and Open Multi-Dance Event (per couple) – $50 before Aug 31, $55 after
- Scholarship Event (per couple) – $80 before Aug 31, $85 after
- Extravaganza Open Event (per couple) – $55 before Aug 31, $60 after
The order form mentions packages, but there is no information on the website that any are actually available.
EM includes Professional Open, and showdance competitions. It appears to be a new format for 2018 with reduced offerings from previous years and a day shorter. We will be watching the 2018 event and hope to be able to provide improved information for 2019.
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.