Rocky Mountain Dancesport Grand Prix – Information compiled January 2018
Organizers: Jean-Marc Généreux, France Mousseau, Martin and Diana Lefebvre, Kelly Lannan and Eric Caty
Location: Calgary, AB
Usual Date: Third weekend in October
Registration Deadline: Mid-September
Private Videotaping: Permitted! Sharing on social media is encouraged!
- Friday Daytime – all levels Open/Closed Rhythm and Ballroom single, multi-dance events, and Pro/am series championships
- Friday Evening – Rhythm and Ballroom Scholarships, Pro/am Solos
- Saturday Daytime – all levels Open/Closed Smooth and Latin single, multi-dance events, and Pro/am series championships
- Saturday Evening – Smooth and Latin Scholarships
Cash Prizes Offered: Yes. Scholarships prizes range from $300-$100 for first-third placings (10 single dances required, will be halved for less than 3 entries). Up to $5,000 in Top Teacher Awards offered (teachers must have minimum entries). Top Student Prizes are awarded for each style.
Scholarship Event Size Range: Ballroom 3-6, Latin 2-6 , Smooth 3, Rhythm 2
Previous Year’s Results: http://results.o2cm.com/
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
Heat averages 1:00-1:20, longer heats for scholarships
- Friday pass – $47.25-$63
- Saturday pass – $73.50-$94.50
- Solo Routines (per couple) – $75 early bird, $80 regular
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – $25 early bird, $30 regular
- 2-dance Event (per couple) – $40
- 3-dance Event (per couple) – $60
- 4-dance Event (per couple) – $80
- Scholarship (per couple) – $100
- Rocky Mountain Championship Event (per couple) – $100 early bird, $110 regular
**NOTE: Scholarships require 10 single dance entries
RMDS offers two packages, one with hotel and one without that includes after-parties, celebrity workshops, souvenir program, and admission to all sessions with preferred seating. $918.75 Single (hotel included), $1260 each Double (hotel included) and $330.75 (no hotel)
RMDS includes professional Open, and Showdance events. The competition includes two after-parties, high quality showcase performances, celebrity workshops, Salsa and Country-Western events. We wait eagerly to see the results of this competition to improve our information for 2019.
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.