Tulip Classic – Information compiled January 2018
Organizers: Scott Ruddick
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Usual Date: 2nd Wednesday to Sunday in June
Registration Deadline: Early May
Private Videotaping: Permitted!. A vendor is provided (GSR Studios). Large social media presence
- Wednesday – VIP Package Gala
- Thursday Daytime – All Rhythm events
- Thursday Evening – All Night Club events
- Friday Daytime – All Standard and Latin events
- Friday Evening – All Country/Western events and BoB Silver Showdances
- Saturday Daytime – All Smooth events and BoB Bronze and Gold Showdances
- Saturday Evening – No Pro/am events (all Professional events)
- Sunday – No pro/am events (all amateur events)
Cash Prizes Offered: Yes, Open Scholarship prizes range from $50 voucher for 6th place to $300 cash and $300 voucher for 1st. Closed Scholarship prizes range from $50 voucher for 5th-6th to $200 cash and $200 voucher for first. Top Student awards are not listed. Top Teacher Awards offered with a $5-10,000 prize offered for first place depending on number of entries.
Scholarship Event Size Range: Open Scholarships: Standard 6, Latin 3, Smooth 7, Rhythm 6
Previous Year’s Results: http://www.tulipclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/TulipCL2017_CategoryResults.htm
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
YouTube searches of videos show pro/am heat length averages just under 1:00-1:05 for all events.
- Thursday daytime – $30
- Thursday evening – $35
- Friday daytime – $30
- Friday evening – $35
- Saturday daytime – $30
- Saturday evening – $60
- Sunday – $30
- Solo Routines (per couple) – $100 without package, $75 with package
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – $40 without package, $35 with package
- 2-dance Multi-Dance Event (per couple) – $60 without package, $50 with package
- 3-dance Multi-Dance Event (per couple) – $75 without package, $65 with package
- Scholarship Event (per couple) – $110 without package, $100 with package
Multiple package options are offered including excursions, after party, meals, accommodations, access to a hospitality suite, welcome party, a gift, discounted entries and a program. Costs range from $2200-$1200 for single and $900-$1600 each person for a double.
TC includes Professional Open competitions on Saturday evening. TC features themes on each night of the competition with an option to dress up. Information for the 2018 event is just starting to be posted on the website. We will be watching for information on the 2018 event and hope to be able to provide improved information for 2019.
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.