Toronto Open – Information Updated February 2020
***Because the organizer of this competition has chosen to not openly and transparently provide their entry fees, we will no longer be updating information on this competition. We hope that in the future the organizers will choose to be transparent with their entry fees, and look forward to promoting this competition at that time.
Organizers: Zilvinas and Aira Vaidila, Andra Vaidilaite and Maurizio Vescovo
Location: Toronto, ON
Usual Date: 2nd or 3rd weekend in April
Registration Deadline: End March
Private Videotaping: Permitted! A vendor is also available. Live stream of some events was available in 2018 on facebook.
- Friday Daytime – All solos, all levels Pro/Am Smooth single and multi-dance events, all levels Latin single, multi-dance and Closed scholarship events
- Friday Evening – Dinner Dance Gala and show
- Saturday Daytime – all levels Rhythm single and multi-dance events, all levels Standard single, multi-dance and Closed scholarship events
- Saturday Evening – Pro/Am Open Rhythm and Standard Scholarships
- Sunday – No Pro/Am events
Cash Prizes Offered: Unclear from the website. Scholarships require 5 single dances for each event. There are “Top” events awarded, but no details of prizes.
2018/2019 Multi-Dance Event Size Range:
Open Scholarship Events:
| Bronze A (16+)
|Silver A (16+)
|Gold A (16+)
|Op Schlr. A (16+)||0/3||0/4||0/1|
| Br and Sil 10(9)-Dance A (16+)
|Open 10(9)-Dance A (16+)
|Dss Open Schlr. A||2/N/A||4/N/A||1/N/A|
Previous Year’s Results: 2019 Toronto Open Results
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
YouTube searches of videos show pro/am heat length averages between 1:00-1:15 for all events.
- Friday pass – $150 (includes gala), daytime only $40, Gala only $130
- Saturday pass – $70, with reserved evening seating $75, daytime only $70
Entry Fees (not verified for 2019):
- Solo Routines (per couple) – $70 early bird, $75 regular
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – $35 early bird, $40 regular
- Closed and Open Multi-Dance Event (per couple) – $65 early bird, $70 regular
- Scholarship Event (per couple) – $95 early bird, $100 regular
- WDSS Scholarship Event (per couple) – $95 early bird, $100 regular
**NOTE: Scholarships require 5 single dance entries each
Packages (not verified for 2019):
Packages include accommodations and are based on number of nights (1, 2, or 3). Each package level includes accommodations at the venue hotel, the VIP gala dinner and show on Thursday night, and associated entry tickets. Packages are based on single or double occupancy and ranged in 2018 from $490-$1335 for single and $395-$1020 per person for double.
TO includes Professional Open, and showdance competitions spread over 2 nights. It also includes a VIP dinner and dance gala on Friday night and includes invitational Pro/Am showcases. Previous showcase performers have included Maurizio, Alan Tornsberg, Nino and Andra. Arunas and Katusha have been announced for 2019.
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.