Vancouver Challenge Cup – Information updated January, 2019
Organizers: Michel Guimond, David Marisigan, Clara Shih Marisigan
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Usual Date: 3rd Weekend in January
Registration Deadline: Mid-December
Private Videotaping: Permitted! The competition was live-streamed on social media in 2019.
- Friday Daytime – Ballroom and Smooth
- Friday Evening – Latin and Rhythm Scholarships and Open One-Dance Events
- Saturday Daytime – Latin and Rhythm
- Saturday Evening – Ballroom and Smooth Scholarships and Open One-Dance Events
Cash Prizes offered: Yes, for scholarship events. Amounts not listed online. Scholarships require similar number of single dance entries (eg. 3 singles for a 3-dance Scholarship). Plaques are awarded to the 6 Top Students in addition to Top Teacher awards.
2018/2019 (comparison) Multi-Dance Event Size Range:
|Rising Star A||4/1||2/1||1/2||0/2|
|Gold Star A||2/1||4/1|
|Open Scholarship 3-dance A||2/0||1/1|
|Open Scholarship 5(4)-dance A||3/1||1/0||1/0|
***NOTE: Letters refer to Divisions, not Age Categories
Previous Year’s Results: http://results.o2cm.com/
Multi-Dance and Scholarship Event Information:
Heat lengths tend to be short for single dances (under 1 min), and longer for scholarships (up to 1:15). All multi-dance events are open age categories, but have different divisions to allow instructors to dance with multiple students at the same level.
- Adult Competitor Pass (for all sessions, VIP seat) – $185
- Adult Competitor Pass (for all sessions, front row seat) – $115
- Adult Competitor Pass (for all sessions, reserved seat) – $95
- Adult Competitor Pass (for all sessions, general admission) – $45
- Solo Routines (per couple) – $60 per event
- Single Dance Event (per couple) – $35 per event
- One Dance Event (per couple) – $35 per event
- Three Dance Event (per couple) – $75 per event
- Four Dance Event (per couple) – $90 per event
- Five Dance Event (per couple) – $125 per event
**NOTE: Scholarships require similar number of single dance entries (eg. 3 singles for a 3-dance Scholarship)
***This competition charges a 3% administrative fee for credit card transactions
VCC includes social dancing, Jack and Jill competitions on Friday evening and a professional showcase on Saturday night. This competition has been steadily growing. Prices did increase for 2019. The interesting thing about this competition is that all multi-dance events are open age categories.
While we make every effort to be accurate, information is posted as a guideline only and subject to change. Please refer to the websites posted for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Our cost information are competition fees only. Keep in mind that most professionals charge their own fees in addition to these costs (as is fair for the amazing work they do). P/ADC is not responsible for the accuracy of information.